Mon, 30 May 2005
some RC Bugs
- kernel-source-2.6.8 #303200: looks because submitter's disk crashed...
- libgnutls11 #309111: jeroen and testing-security team?
- libxine1 #311165: Xine works well for me :) Hmm, what's happen on submitter's environment?
- mlview #310713: Aha, finally it's tagged REMOVE.
- openmotif #308819: I created final patch is taken from Debian XFree86 SVN. It works on my i386 environment and buildable on gotom's sparc buildd. OK, I'll do NMU this. I got maintainer's permission.
- snort: #311257, snort-rules-default #311263: It needs to modify version dependency.
Well, CUPS... I won't upload next revision till Sarge is released. I need co-maintainer or/and team to continue maintainance of this monstrous package. :)
Sat, 28 May 2005
KuppaKuppa is Korean meal.
Make soup by boiling water, bean sprouts, and chicken powder.
Mix sliced pork, carrot, green sweet pepper, Kimchi, Japanese radish, garlic, and Kochujan which is Korean miso. Then fried them and put them into soup.
Finally fry eggs and put egg and meals on rice.
Eel closed by poached eggHmm, I dunno how to describe 'Tamago-Toji' in English.
- Boil water and dried bonito.
- Pour soy-sauce, Japanese sake.
- Put sliced onion and cutted eel. Then put mitsuba, one of Japanese herb.
- Beat egg and put it.
Wed, 25 May 2005
BugSquash: Last one mileHere is my personal summary from current status.
- already fixed in unstable or t-p-u, waiting RM's review
- cheetah #309648, drscheme #310645, evolution-exchange #306439, lbreakout2 #310468, libgnutls11 #309111, wget #308622
- solved in unstable, but under little complex situation for testing
- glui #310077
- should remove?
- kernel-patch-2.4-cobalt #31051, kernel-patch-2.4-kgdb #310574, kernel-patch-adamantix #310542, kernel-apatch-badram #310564, kernel-patch-cryptoloop #310565, kernel-patch-grsecurity2 #310577, kernel-patch-psd #310580, kernel-patch-quota #310581, kernel-patch-relayfs #310575, kernel-patch-time #310583, kernel-patch-ttl #310585
- Upload pending
- initrd-tools #241497, module-init-tools #241497, slapd #308234
- Looks not Release Critical. it may be downgraded
- kdelibs-bin #310637, kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686-smp #310668, tetex-base #310321
- There is a patch or workaround, waiting maintainer's or someone's action
- gdb #308624, gwget2 #310660, kernel-source-2.4.27 #308759, kmd #310139, libxpm4 #308783, openduke #310170, steam #310661, sysklogd #301511
- Needs working
- initrd-tools #290329, kernel-source-2.6.8 #293195, kernel-source-2.6.8 #303501, libsmbclient #309689, libwbxml2-utils #310621, openmotif #308819, slapd #255276, slapd #304735
Mon, 23 May 2005
New book, 'Debian Dictionary'Today, my book is published officially.
Debian Jiten (means "Debian Dictionary" in English) includes many tips of Debian, mainly for Sarge/Sid users.
Thank you, readers and Debian developers.
Now I'm working to publish another book is my lifework?, "Debian GNU/Linux Tettei Nyuumon Sarge Edition". We'll publish it two or three monthes later after Sarge is released.
Sun, 22 May 2005
Kakuni (boiled pork with soy-sauce)Kakuni is mixed meal of Japanese and Chinese.
- Boil cutted pork rib to remove lard, then drop hot water.
- Make hard boiled egg in another pot.
- Put pork, egg, sliced ginger and cutted Japanese radish to the pressure pot.
- Pour water, soy-sauce, Japanese sake, Japanese sweet-sake, and put star anise, sugar and salt.
- Cover the pot and pressure about 25 minutes.
- Open and boil down a little.
- Fry qinggengca (in Japanese, 'chingensai'. it likes spinach) with Chinese pan.
- Lay qinggengca on the dish and put pork and egg on it.
Sat, 21 May 2005
BSP, day 2
- cracklib-runtime #309746: I sent additional information to reproduce buggy situation.
- synaptic #309969: Downgraded to important, Tags: unreproducible + moreinfo. I think this is user's environment problem. Maybe FS is corrupted.
- xlockmore-gl #309760: Hmm, I forget fvwm configuration. I couldn't reproduce this problem with fvwm + gaim (IRC mode). Needs user's configuration. But AFAIK this bug may be downgraded.
Mon, 16 May 2005
TempuraTempura is maybe one of most famous meals in Japan. Dredge foods with flour and egg and fry them a little minutes.
Today, I cooked eggplant, greenpepper, squid, carrot, onion, sweet potato and ... garlic. The taste of garlic is not so bad, but it tainted my breath... ARGH, bad smell.
Fri, 13 May 2005
DVD-ROM has too narrow space for me...Since yesterday I'm trying to modify my original task of debian-cd for my book. I need to include binaries and sources in one DVD-ROM.
CD 1 will only be filled with 1851520632 bytes ... CD 1 will have 2542 packages. Dispatching the sources on all the CDs ... Using package file /var/local/debian-cd/tmp2/sarge-i386/1.packages Source CD 1 filled with 2880900859 bytes ... (limit was 2881486848) CD 2 will only be filled with 11704386 bytes ... CD 1 will have 3718 files from source packages. CD 2 will have 35 files from source packages.Hmm... 4.7GB is too narrow for me. :-P
-- Adding standard, required, important and base packages on the first CD ... Standard system already takes 426098258 bytes on the first CD. -- Starting to add packages to the CDs ... CD 1 will only be filled with 1808173952 bytes ... CD 1 will have 2508 packages. Dispatching the sources on all the CDs ... Using package file /var/local/debian-cd/tmp2/sarge-i386/1.packages CD 1 will only be filled with 2878450742 bytes ... CD 1 will have 3706 files from source packages.
Saba-Miso, tofu saladSaba-Miso is popular cooked food. Cut mackerel, slice ginger, and put them in the pressure pot. Add Sake, water, salt, miso, soy-sauce and sugar. Poach it about 15 minutes after pressure starts.
Tofu salad is easy cooking. Cut wakame and tofu, then pour grape seed oil and soy-sauce.
Wed, 11 May 2005
CodeFest Japan 2005FSIJ announced CodeFest Japan 2005 (currently only in Japanese language), on June 3rd at Tokyo.
CodeFest is face-to-face all night event for hackers. Every hackers can hack his/her subject, have brain storming with others, do release engineering, solve bugs, and so on.
I'm planning to attend (although there is important football game, Japan vs Bahrain, elimination of World Cup Germany) and considering what I hack at this event. Fighting with CUPS and Ghostscript is one of big challenging.
Bacon and asparagus penneToday's meal is penne. Roast block bacon and asparagus with olive oil, sliced garlic and chili. Pour white wine a little then add pepper and salt. Finally mix with boiled penne and put sliced black oilve for topping.
Chinese fried chickenChinese fried chicken, cucumber and lettuce salad, Japanese cucumber pickles.
Chinese fried chicken's recipe:
- Dredge and soak cutted leg meat of chicken with potato starch, soy-sauce, Japanese sake, salt, pepper, minced ginger and garlic.
- Fry them well in corn oil, about 160 centigrade.
Sun, 08 May 2005
Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!I made pizza for lunch and dinner.
Margarita (basil, tomato, and cheese). Raw ham, green pepper, garlic. Eggplant, tomato, black olive. Sausage, basil, black olive. Eggplant, basil, minced beef. Margarita with many basil :)
My pizza dough recipe is following:
- Revert dry yeast with warm water and sugar.
- Mix water, a piece of butter, salt, olive oil and yeast quickly in the bowl.
- Mix strong flour and weak flour (about 3:1?) and put them into the bowl.
- Knead dough by hand till it becomes like a ball.
- Move dough to cooking table. Knead again and again, with adding some strong flour.
- Put back dough to bowl and paste olive oil. Leave it few hours.
Fri, 06 May 2005
Resume my writing
Half year ago, I suspended to write and fix my book, Debian GNU/Linux Tettei-Nyumon ('Debian GNU/Linux Perfect Guidebook' if I call this in English).
For sarge, initial date of my writing was Dec 25th, 2002 (!). I had written a book for woody before some months ago, but I was very disappointed about its quality... I was writing and writing for long days, joining and working on some teams to improve quality of sarge. But finally, I decided to suspend my work till Debian Project indeed release sarge even if it makes publisher's disappointment.
...Now, I'm most happy to resume my work!
My book is over 800 pages but fortunately changes look very minor. I'd like to add note about new funny tools such as module-assistant.
Mon, 02 May 2005
Hiya-shabuHiya-shabu is cool version of Shabu-shabu.
Boil various foods quickly as same as Shabu-shabu but for Hiya-shabu, cool down them by ice in bowl. Healthy and fresh.
Sun, 01 May 2005
Golden week and Debian workIn Japan, this week is called 'Golden week' because there are successive holidays almost 1 week. Many people go abroad, or back their hometown and have a time with their parents.
All of my clear plan in Golden week is only I'll go home of my parents at day after tomorrow.
Other days, I'm spending time for Debian work. There are some debconf messages are needed translations, so I'll try to catch up with pt_PR, or de if I can. (French cover level is really awful...)