Sun, 11 Dec 2005
HCL: 2nd step, HCL meets Wiki
Yesterday I connected PCI HCL checker to Wiki. There are still many homework, but this connection is a big step for me :) It's really easy to add information of your machine, and is helpful for everyone who owns/plans to buy same machine.
(Currently wiki page is editable by only system and me.)
Fri, 09 Dec 2005
HCL: 1st step, PCI database
I often heard one of biggest Debian problem is that Debian doesn't provide HCL - Hardware Compatibility List. It's too hard work to maintain it as same as Microsoft does, but indeed HCL is useful for normal users who won't love troubleshooting hardware compatibility. :)
As 1st step I made PCI/driver matching database, http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/. You can test by putting your "lspci -n" to the box.
Currently this database gathers informations from pci.ids of pciutils, modules.pcimap of kernel 2.6.14-686-smp, discover1-data, and alsa-common.
Pictures from new camera
I bought new camera-- Canon EOS Kiss N, single-lens reflex camera. It's bit expensive but I'm satisfied its quality and usability. You can see large pictures by clicking images.
- Mah Boh Tofu (bean curd szechuan style). No hot, no life :)
- Genovese pasta. This is corner-cut cooking, but is yummy.
- Carpaccio of yellowtail fish, Croquette and green salad. We love carpaccio :) I'd like to eat true carpaccio at Italy...
- Roast chicken and French baguet. My wife reaped a big branch from rosemary in our garden.
- Udon (Japanese noodle). This winter is very cold in Japan. Hot noodle and various vegetables makes us warm and healthy.
Thu, 01 Dec 2005
Speech at MOSS4
I was invited MOSS, Medical Free/Open Source Software Council, on last weekend. My speech was about the risk management of Debian. I believe we should more consider risks of FLOSS (at least as same as we choose proprietary commercial software) when we use FLOSS on business scene.