Wed, 15 Nov 2006
Newer (beta-level) amd64 d-i image for Sarge with kernel 2.6.18
i386 changes are minor from previous version.
- Defined ide-generic driver for Marvell PATA controller at discover1-data. This controller is used by some ICH8 board. I hope final 2.6.19 will support it (mm patch has already supported it).
- Provided boot.img.gz for USB memory instead of vmlinuz/initrd file.
amd64 version is wanted by many people. Well, I faced more problems on amd64 than on i386.
- Applied 2.6.18-5~bpo.1. This source is as same as one provided by backports.org. But bpo site hasn't made it for amd64.
- LVM/RAID support. Although I haven't tested yet, partman routine is same as i386 version already supports.
- rescue mode support. But strangely rescue-check routine prevents boot up.. You can enable it by executing "anna-install rescue-mode" from VT2 shell.
- Strangely my linux-image made with kernel-package 10.062~bpo.1 failed to install by "Missing required parameter 'Old' at /var/lib/dpkg/info/linux-image-2.6.18-2-amd64.postinst line 393". Finally I avoided this to set "relative_links = no".
- 2nd stage won't be internationalized for CJK people. Something happens on FB and jfbterm..