Fri, 15 Feb 2008
i386/amd64 d-i images for Etch, kernel version 2.6.24 (with security patch) + firmware + wpa_supplicant, 3rd release
For those who care a security vulnerability, I updated my backport d-i to use 2.6.24-4 of Debian unstable. Although I didn't touch other stuffs except modifying to include linux-headers and linux-kbuild correctly from previous release, I list up features again.
- Include Linux 2.6.24-4, fixes security problem.
- Include many wireless drivers and firmwares*.
- Include atl2, igb, acx, at76_usb, fsam7400 drivers*.
- Include wpa_supplicant and wpa_passphrase commands. Although there isn't any menu interfaces yet, you can use these tools at 2nd console (push Alt+F2).
*It is only the installation stage that you can use these additional drivers and firmwares. If you'd like to keep to use them after reboot, you have to do 'apt-cdrom add' and 'apt-get install linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-1-686' (or 'liunx-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-1-amd64', if you're using amd64 architecture).
As always you can take i386 or amd64 images (netinst CD, hd-media, and TFTP netboot) from here. Check FAQ also, especially when you're looking the way of TFTP boot.
Sun, 10 Feb 2008
i386/amd64 d-i images for Etch, kernel version 2.6.24 + firmware + wpa_supplicant, 2nd release
Today I improved previous version of backported Debian Installer for Etch.
- Include iwl3945 and iwl4965 drivers.
- Include usable wpa_supplicant and wpa_passphrase. I'm sorry but there isn't any menu interfaces yet (even on official Debian installer). You can run these tools at 2nd console (push Alt+F2).
As always you can take i386 or amd64 images (netinst CD, hd-media, and TFTP netboot) from here.