Wed, 15 Feb 2006
I become a bit fat... That's a problem.
- Gnocchi with salmon and spinach white sauce.
- Boiled chiaotzu. I made a skin by myself.
- That day was my wife's birthday. Happy birthday! Scallop sauter, pasta with wild duck and dried tomato, and ... of course, sweet cake.
- Kebab of lamb, chicken and various vegetables.
- Oister rice, tofu miso-soup, roled egg and laver.
Fri, 09 Dec 2005
Pictures from new camera
I bought new camera-- Canon EOS Kiss N, single-lens reflex camera. It's bit expensive but I'm satisfied its quality and usability. You can see large pictures by clicking images.
- Mah Boh Tofu (bean curd szechuan style). No hot, no life :)
- Genovese pasta. This is corner-cut cooking, but is yummy.
- Carpaccio of yellowtail fish, Croquette and green salad. We love carpaccio :) I'd like to eat true carpaccio at Italy...
- Roast chicken and French baguet. My wife reaped a big branch from rosemary in our garden.
- Udon (Japanese noodle). This winter is very cold in Japan. Hot noodle and various vegetables makes us warm and healthy.
Thu, 17 Nov 2005
Sorry my long absent, I'm too busy in my business than I expected... And it's a bit difficult to explain in English. (although it's good for English exercise :)
- 11.9 Thai curry
- 11.11 Pot-au-feu (French vegetable soup)
- 11.12 Spaghetti meat sauce
- 11.13 Oyako-don (Chicken and egg in bowl)
- 11.14 Meuniere of swordfish with spinach, tofu and seawood salad, chicken and Japanese radish soup
- 11.15 Meatball and gnocchi covered by white cream sauce and cheese
- 11.16 Sashimi (raw tunny) and grated yam
Sun, 09 Oct 2005
Stewed mackerel with miso (sabamiso)
Side dishes are hot Tofu, cooked pumpkin, and pickles of cucumber.
Mon, 26 Sep 2005
Sat, 24 Sep 2005
Chicken and beans curryWith pressure pot, I made delicious curry today. :) Chicken, Indian bean, eggplant, onion, potato, and tomato.
Wed, 31 Aug 2005
Chicken liver with balsamico sauceI bought chicken liver because it was fresh and cheap. Cut liver and drop blood balls carefully and wash them. Roast them with olive oil, garlic, and chili for 1 minute. Add salt and black pepper, then pour red wine and balsamico.
Wed, 24 Aug 2005
Squid sauce pastaGenerally my cooking is a bit conservative. It means I'm only cooking I succeeded to cook once normally. But to widen my repertory, I should challenge. :)
Today's challenge target is squid ("Ika"). Yeah, I love squid and have the experience to cook fried squid, seafood curry, and Sashimi. But I haven't cooked as pasta sauce yet. I've already eaten it at Italian restaurant, and it was very nice.
Because a squid has enough black ink is very expensive and off-season, I bought popular red squid.
- Bake garlic, chili, and minced onion with butter.
- Take viscera out from squid and strip skin.
- Put cutted squid and its viscera.
- Pour white wine and put salt, pepper and some herbs (if you have).
- Put boiled tomato into it.
Tue, 23 Aug 2005
SanmaSaury -"Sanma"- is very popular fish in Autumn. It's first one of the season.
Best cooking of saury is to grill with "Tsuyobi No Toubi" (cook meal some distance above the strongest fire) after all. Saury is plump, and is well suited to Japanese minced radish.
Side dish is Tofu and seawood salad.
Tue, 09 Aug 2005
Grilled sardineGrilled sardine is popular meal in Japan. We eat them with minced eJapanese radish (Daikon-Oroshi). Side dishes are jelly fish salad, cucumber pickles, and miso soup of tofu and seawood.
Fri, 29 Jul 2005
Japanese traditional BBQToday is 'Day of Doyou no Ushi', named by Gennai Hiraga is first person who introduce electric power in Japan. Most Japanese eats eel on this day.
I grilled eel by 'Shichirin', Japanese traditional stove. Charcoal fire fits small grill cooking. Other spit-roasting is Shishitou (small green sweetpepper, but more spicy than normal green sweetpepper) and Japanese radish.
Wed, 27 Jul 2005
Oven steamed swordfishFoil and steam is one of popular oven cooking.
wrap swordfish, scallop, onion, tomato, green sweetpepper, garlic, black pepper, salt, white wine, and olive oil by foil. Then put it in oven (200C) and just wait 20 minutes.
Tue, 05 Jul 2005
Chicken rice omeletThere was only a few rice in steam pot and many eggs, so I cooked chicken rice omelet today.
Fry chicken, minced onion, and cutted eggplant. Then put rice and mix them. Add pepper, salt and tomato ketchup.
Next, bake beated egg on other frypan. When it's baked soft, put meals on it.
Cover frypan by larger dish, then hold together and reverse them.
Mon, 04 Jul 2005
BBQToday I brought Shichirin; Japanese portable cooking stove, then grilled eel, green pepper, and mushroom. Yeah, that was very nice taste.
Tue, 28 Jun 2005
VongoreToday my parents came my house, and gifted some foods. I used one of them, asari clam (in Europe, cockle is very similar), for lunch.
- Roast sliced garlic and cutted chili with olive oil.
- Put clam and white wine, then steam just few minutes.
- Move clam to vat.
- Put and roast minced onion and garlic.
- Mix sauce, spaghetti and clam.